Our community loves that our Chilla mix is super versatile and flexes to more than just pancakes. We were so glad to have the opportunity to show-off this beautiful *chef's kiss* recipe for vegan and gluten free frittatas at the Pastry Project pop on April 29th.
Serving: Makes 8 Frittata cups
3 TBSP Nutritional Yeast
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
Salt to taste
1 cup Vegan cheese shredded
2 TBSP coconut oil (liquid / thawed) or olive oil
2.5 cups oat milk (can sub with water)
.5 cup of water
3 medium sized golden potatoes, shredded
1 small walla walla onion / shallot (can sub with 1/4 of a white onion)
2 cups spinach
1 small Roma tomato
How To Make Chilla-Spiced Frittata Cups
In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, set aside.
Roughly chop up onions, spinach, and shred potatoes. Dice the tomato into small chunks.
Heat ½ tbsp oil in a pan, add the onions, spinach, cook down. Remove onto a plate.
In the same pan, add another ½ tsp oil. Lay the shredded potatoes in a flat layer and cook until browned on one side. Flip and cook until crisped on the other side. Let cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat.
Lightly grease a muffin tray. Line the bottom of each cup with the potato mixture.
- To your mixed dry ingredients from step 1, add the remaining 1tbsp oil, ¾ cup shredded vegan cheese and mix lightly until ingredients are combined.
- Add the oatmilk. Start by adding 1 cup, stir. You want the consistency of a semi-thick batter. Add the remaining 0.5 cup of oatmilk and the water, if needed to achieve this consistency. Now's a great time to taste the batter and add salt to taste.
- Add in the diced tomato. Mix to incorporate.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tray molds, right over the potatoes.
- Top off each muffin with the remaining shredded vegan cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for 25-28 minutes.
- After baking, let sit for 5-8 minutes before serving.
You might notice that the center feels moist, that is pretty typical for this recipe. It will set as it cools to room temp, we promise!
How To Store Chilla Spiced Frittata
Leftovers keep for 2-3 days when stored in airtight containers in the fridge!
How To Serve Chilla Spiced Frittata
We love these as a snack or for a quick, protein packed breakfast option!
Are you making these at home? Let us know how it went! Tag us on IG, FB or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org