Meet the Chilla: A Savory, South-Asian pancake.
Our Chilla mix is made from two types of Chickpea: desi chickpeas or kala chana & kabuli chickpeas (the tan lil' ones that you know & love). We stone grind in small batches, add in some delicious Diaspora spices and bag it in a sealable, compostable bag.
Using our Chilla Mix is super straightforward.
- In a large bowl, stir together one part mix and one part water.
- Heat a pan to medium with a little (1tsp-ish) oil.
- Spoon the batter onto the heated pan / gridle.
- Wait for the bubbles to appear, flip & cook through the other side (2-3 mins)
- Plate & dig in! Voilà!
But Chillas are also super customizable. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
1. We love adding veggies into our batter. Ash's fave: Grated Zucch, chopped up onions, tomatoes & cilantro.
2. Our friend J, loves topping off a regular chilla with a fried egg.
3. Ash's mini-me LOVES her some cheese between two chillas. (A whole post on dairy & our planet, coming up in a few weeks)
We can't wait to see what *your* chilla looks like. Tag us on the Insta or send us a note firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Nov 28, 2022